This statement covers the services that the University of South Wales Student Money Advice Team offers to clients who may seek assistance about financial matters relating to their study.
The main services are:
- an information and advice service for a wide range of students including full-time and part-time undergraduates and postgraduates
- advice on all aspects of eligibility for student finance support, including tuition fees, student loans, grants, additional allowances, NHS bursaries and discretionary awards
- advice and assistance with applications to the University's Student Support Fund and related schemes
- advice on budgeting, additional sources of financial assistance, and basic advice on benefits
- advice on the financial implications of changing/leaving a course, and repeating years of study
- telephone appointments (during opening hours) for students who are unable to visit the Service during working hours
- payments and administration of most University scholarships.
Please note that Money and Support Advisers are not legally able to advise on the pros and cons of financial products offered by individual private lenders.