Frequently Asked Questions

1. How can I meet with a Money & Support Adviser?
To find out how you can meet with an advisor please view our Contact Us pages.

2. How do I make a payment to the University?
Please view Making a Payment to USW page for more information.

3. Who do I contact if I am studying at a Partner College?
If you are studying at a Partner College and have a query, please find details on our Partner College Web page.

4. How do I get a council tax exemption certification?
Please view this link regarding How to get your Council Tax Exemption Certificate

5. How can I apply for a National Insurance number?
Please view this link regarding National Insurance numbers.

6. Where can I find information about train travel discounts as a student?
Please view this link regarding Train Travel Railcards and Discounts for students.

7. Where can I find information about part time jobs / placement opportunities and general career advice?
Please find details regarding part time job opportunities on the USW Careers Website.

Fee Waiver

I am studying less than 30 credits, what support is available to me?
Further information regarding the Fee Waiver scheme can be found here.

ReAct Funding

I have been granted ReAct funding for my course and need to get my form/booklet signed?
Contact Revenue to inform them that you are in receipt of ReAct funding, specifying the amount you have been granted, so that Revenue can invoice ReAct directly and to check whether there are any other fees, above the funding amount, outstanding.
The forms will need to be completed by the course tutor and you will need to liaise with them directly during the academic year for the tutor to complete the relevant parts of the form/booklet in regards to course attendance and progress.
You must return the completed forms to ReAct yourself. It may be an idea to send the form/booklet back recorded delivery and keep a copy for your records.

If your question has not been answered on this page then please email the Student Money Advice Team at