1. I have not received my student loan, what should I do?
Contact the Student Loans Company directly on 0845 026 2019
2. How do I apply for my Student Loans and/or grants?
You will need to go to the relevent website or contact for your domicile:
Wales 0845 602 8845
England 08456 300 5090
Scotland 0300 555 0505
Northern Ireland 0845 600 0662
3. How and when are Student Loans and Assembly Learning / Higher Education Grants paid?
Student Loans and Assembly Learning / Higher Education Grants are paid in 3 instalments by the Student Loans Company. Payments are made at the beginning of each term and are paid by BACS. As long as you have applied in time for financial support, and you have successfully completed enrolment, the first instalment is scheduled to be paid 4-5 working days after the first day of term for your course.
4. My Student Loan / Grant has not been paid into my bank account, what should I do?
You should ring the Student Finance Office in your area on the numbers listed in question 2.
5. I am not going to receive my Student Loan for a few weeks, is there any help available?
You should discuss this with a Student Advisor. You may wish to consider options such as utilising a bank overdraft or whether a member of your family could provide financial assistance in the short term.
6. What is my Student Support Number?
Your Student Support Number is on all correspondence received from your relevent Student Finance Office and / or the Student Loans Company.
7. How are tuition fee loans paid?
The tuition fee loan is paid directly to the University on your behalf.
8. How do I appeal against a Student Finance England decision?
If you think a decision made by Student Finance England, in relation to your student funding application is incorrect, you may have the right to appeal. An appeal is a formal request to Student Finance England asking them to review their decision either on whether you are entitled to financial help or on the amount of funding that Student Finance England has awarded you. Please refer to the Appeals Booklet and Appeals Form for more information. If you live outside England you should ring the Student Finance Office in your area on the numbers listed in question 2.
9. Some of my details have changed since I started my course, what should I do?
If some of your details, such as name, address, university or course etc. have changed since you applied for your support you can change these details either via your online account or by completing a CO1 form and returning this to your relevant authority.
Wales Change of Circumstance Form Complete the CO1 form.
England – you need to change your details online
Northern Ireland Change of Circumstance Form Complete the CO1 form
Scotland – you need to change your details online