Here is a list of our most common questions regarding Student Finance:
|Student Finance Team||Contact Number|
|Student Finance Wales||0300 200 4050|
|Student Finance England||0300 100 0607|
|Student Finance Northern Ireland||0300 100 0077|
|Student Awards Agency Scotland||0300 555 0505|
|European Student Customer Service Team||0141 243 3570|
|NHS Shared Services Student Awards Unit||029 2090 5380|
1. I still need to apply for funding for this academic year, how do I do this?
Please view our section on Reapplying for Student Finance for more information.
2. I have still not received my student finance for my first term?
Students must be enrolled on their course before a payment can be released by the Student Loans Company. No payments will be made until the first week of term. Once the University has confirmed your attendance to the Student Loans Company you will then receive it in 3 to 5 working days, depending on who you bank with. Payments will only be made if you have fully completed your student funding application (including your online declaration form – see below) and enrolled with the University.
If it has been over a 2 weeks since you enrolled and you have received no payment, please contact your relevant student finance body, as they maybe awaiting further evidence. A Student Money Adviser will be happy to assist you, if you are experiencing difficulties getting through.
3. Student Finance needs me to sign a Student Finance Declaration form, where do I find this?
If you applied online and have been asked to send back a Student Finance Online Declaration Form, log in to your online account and download this from either your 'to do list’ on the front page or under the 'View Correspondence’ section. The declaration is usually the last couple of pages of your Notification of Entitlement Letter. The Student Loans Company cannot make any payments until you have signed and returned your Student Finance Online Declaration Form by post and it can take a couple of weeks for it to be processed.
4. I need to get my part-time funding application form stamped?
Please see staff list for both USW and Partner College Contacts
5. How do I give 'consent to share’ for an adviser to Student Finance?
Consent to share (CTS) is written or verbal authorization which allows student finance to provide account information, with the exception of your bank details, to a third party you have nominated. If you are not present to give verbal consent, an adviser will not be able to discuss your student finance application unless 'consent to share’ is already in place on your student finance account.
You will therefore need to call your relevant student finance provider and give them your customer reference number and details of your nominated institutional contact:
Address – USW, Treforest, CF37 1DL,
a password, such as ‘money’ or you can set up another and let us know what it is.
6. Student Finance are saying that I have an overpayment, what does this mean?
Please view our section on Being Charged for an Overpayment for more information.
7. I am a Welsh student, is it true I can get a partial cancellation of my student loan?
Yes this is correct please see Partial Cancellation of your Student Loan for more information.
8. I am looking to withdraw from my course, how will this affect my student funding?
Please view our section on Looking to suspend, transfer or withdraw? for more information.
9. When do I have to repay my student loan?
Please view the Student Loan Repayment website which answers questions about repaying your student loan.
10. My household income is lower than we told Student Finance, can I be reassessed?
Students whose household income has dropped more than 15% for the current academic year can be reassessed based on the current household income. For more information contact your relevant student finance team (see list at top of this section).
11. Is there any funding support available for fees/living and course-related costs for postgraduate study?
Yes, please see further details on our prospective student finance pages.