This statement covers the services that the University of South Wales Student Money Advice Team offers to clients who may seek assistance about financial matters relating to their study.
The Service is available to students and staff of the University, potential students of the University and graduates of the University.
What does the Student Money Advice Team offer?
The Service aims to:
- help you find out about funding opportunities prior to embarking on study
- help you maximise your funding resources whilst at University
- offer help and advice on managing your money
- offer direct assistance (where possible) if you get into financial difficulty.
The main services are:
- an information and advice service for a wide range of students including full-time and part-time undergraduates and postgraduates
- advice on all aspects of eligibility for student support, including tuition fees, student loans, grants, additional allowances and discretionary awards
- advice and assistance with applications to the Hardship Fund and related schemes
- advice on budgeting, banking, additional sources of financial assistance, and basic advice on benefits
- advice on the financial implications of changing/leaving a course, and repeating years of study
- telephone appointments (during opening hours) for students who are unable to visit the Service during working hours
- payments and administration of most University scholarships for undergraduates and postgraduates.
Please note that Money and Support Advisers are not legally able to advise on the pros and cons of financial products offered by individual private lenders. This is a service that would need to be provided by an independent financial adviser, who is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Money and Support Advisers are available on all USW campuses during term time, to see how you can get in touch please view our Contact Us page.
Who are the Student Money Advice Team?
table(table table-striped table-bordered). |*Team Member*|*Team Role*| |Debra Thorne |Head of the Centre for Progression and Student Money| |Sharon Bevan |Senior Money and Support Adviser| |Jennifer Afia |Money and Support Adviser| |Sam Davies |Money and Support Adviser| |Louise Miles|Money and Support Adviser| |Lena Smith |Money and Support Adviser| |Sally Willicombe |Senior Student Support Officer| |Rebecca English |Student Support Officer| Currently on Maternity Leave