The Hardship Fund can offer financial support to 'Home’ students studying at USW campuses who are experiencing financial difficulties. Students can apply to the Fund for help towards the cost of Diagnostic Testing. Please note that assistance from the Fund is not guaranteed and applications are assessed on a case-by-case basis.
How can I apply?
You must book an appointment with the Disability and Dyslexia Service who can assist with your application to the Hardship Fund for Assistance with the Cost of Diagnostic Testing.
What information will I need to provide to be considered?
- Photocopies of bank statements from all your personal accounts and those of any spouse/partner that you live with. Depending on when you apply to the Fund you will need to provide statements within the following dates:
|Autumn Term||Statements showing transactions from 31st July 2017 to 17th September 2017|
|Spring Term||Statements showing transactions from 13th November 2017 to 22nd December 2017|
|Summer Term||Statements showing transactions from 19th February 2018 to 30th March 2018|
- You must denote any transfers going in and out of these accounts and explain what they are. If transfers are to other accounts in your name/partner’s name, you must provide bank statements for these accounts. If not, please detail on the statement who these transfers are to/from and what these transfers are for.
- You must denote large payments of £500 and over and detail what these are on the bank statements.
- All statements must clearly show your name/partner’s name and account number.
- Internet banking printouts are acceptable provided they are printed directly from the bank’s own website and they include your name and/or your partner’s name and cover the relevant dates. Statements that have been cut and pasted into Excel or Word will not be acceptable.
- Print outs from mobile banking are acceptable providing they include your name/your partner’s name, account number, credits, debits and a running balance.