How can I apply?
- You can apply to the Hardship Fund by downloading an application or collecting a copy from the Advice Zone at Treforest Campus.
- Before you apply please ensure you have read the guidance notes carefully.
- It is important that you provide all the necessary documentation or your application will be delayed.
- If your bank statements include all requested expenditure, please annotate your statements to identify and explain these transactions (e.g. rent, car insurance).
- Only one application can be made to the Hardship Fund each academic year.
- If you are in your final year and due to end your course in June 2017 you must submit a fully completed application by 12th May 2017. If you are in your final year and your course is due to end after June 2017 please contact us directly for advice. Final year Nursing March intake students must submit a fully completed application by 9th March 2017.
How is the decision assessed?
- Your individual circumstances are considered and looked at by the Hardship Fund Panel.
- Student couples will be treated as a joint application and as such, we recommended an appointment with a Student Money Adviser to complete an application.
- Applications are assessed by looking at the difference between student’s income and expenditure to identify if there is a financial need.
- Awards from the Hardship Fund vary and are not an automatic entitlement. The Hardship Fund is subject to review and as such, it is not guaranteed to be available every academic year or during the whole of an academic year.