How can I apply?
- You can apply to the Hardship Fund by downloading an application form, or collecting a copy from the Advice Zone at Treforest Campus, once the 2017/18 fund opens on 2nd October 2017. If you are experiencing financial difficulties in the meantime, please book an appointment with an adviser.
- Before you apply, please ensure you have read the guidance notes carefully.
- It is important that you provide all the necessary documentation or your application will be delayed.
- If your bank statements include all requested expenditure, please annotate your statements to identify and explain these transactions (e.g. rent, car insurance).
- Only one application can be made to the Hardship Fund each academic year.
- If you are in your final year and due to end your course in June 2018 you must submit a fully completed application by 11th May 2018. If you are in your final year and your course is due to end after June 2018, please contact us directly for advice. Final year Nursing March intake students must submit a fully completed application by 9th March 2018.
How is the decision assessed?
- Your individual circumstances are considered and looked at by the Hardship Fund Panel.
- Student couples will be treated as a joint application and as such, we recommended an appointment with a Money and Support Adviser to complete an application.
- Applications are assessed by looking at the difference between income and expenditure, to identify if there is a financial need.
- Awards from the Hardship Fund vary and are not an automatic entitlement. The Hardship Fund is subject to review and as such, it is not guaranteed to be available every academic year or during the whole of an academic year.